Shape Keys Is Not Morph Target

So,
You can’t use Shape Keys to morph one object to another object automatically (even if the objects have the same number of verticies).
Shape Keys only effect a single object, not a range of OBJ files.
What looks like is needed here is a script that will assign positions to the verticies of one mesh from another mesh that has the same number of verticies.

EXAMPLE:
I create a head in poser that is talking.
I export a series of OBJ files with the head in it’s various positions. These exported OBJ files are exported as Morph Targets so they do have the exact same number of vertices.
I import the first OBJ file and set it as my base object for shape keys. Now I want to add a shape key that represents the next frame in my morphing animation. So I import the next morph target OBJ file that was exported from poser.
Now I am stuck. Because blender has no way of simply extracting the vertices from this second OBJ file. I have to manually line up the next OBJ then put the base OBJ in edit mode and hand tweak all the vertices to match the second OBJ.
Am I missing something here? Is there a way to simply select all the verticies in one OBJ and cut and paste them into the base object shape keys?

If the vertices are exported from Poser in the same ORDER (not just number), you should be able to write a script that creates these shapes for you, one shape for each OBJ file, because that is the link that is missing on the Blender side. Otherwise, there is no way for Blender to know that “upperlipvertex123” goes from XYZ 0,0,0 to 1,1,2.

Umm, isn’t there a python script that will let you do this? RVK1 to RVK2 or something… it depended on bothe meshes having the same number of vertices. I hadn’t gotten far enough to try two different meshes, since I only have Blender to make shape keys with.