Shark Jaw Rigging

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new with rigging, I want to animate a shark jaw (model downloaded) but I’m not sure where to start. Like in picture, theres tooths of the shark that I need to rig also. I want to be able to open wide the jaw… Seems not like a human model.

Is there some good tuto for me to learn this kind of work?

thank you for your support !

DM

well, any idea about some hints to make a rig jaw to this shark? Just a starting point …

I’ve made some tests but no luck…
thank you!

i did a shark rig myself and what i got was thhe jaw moves but some of the teeth remain, what i did first was to go to the mesh go into edit mode and go to the vertex option its the upide dwn triangle in the properties panel. scroll dwn till you see the armature bones select the jaw and select and assigned the vertices you want to move with that bone, but i still got strange results. One way to fix this is to select the mesh and press ctrl tab and the weight paint mode shud appear what to do next is to select the jaw bone. And press (T) to bring up your brush options and make sure it is set to add, and make sure as you paint the whole jaw is red including the teeth, this red colour indicates that the bone has 100 percent influence and then you can move thhe jaw.riggied shark.blend (1.07 MB)

i hope this hlps a bit as u can see im still learning too :slight_smile:

Thanks Stefan, I will check this out! And I will check your blend file for reference

:-))