Sheep in landscape

Hey!
I’ve been working on this for some time now, and I still think something is missing… That’s why I come here :smiley:
Please comment my work and c&c and good ideas, are of course welcome!

Attachments

It’s cute,
but where’s his mouth? maybe make it visible if it’s under the head :wink:

thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:
You right he has no mouth… I actually had not thought about making a mouth, before I rendered it and thought it looked okay, without a mouth, and maybe there is some symbolic in it too, like, when you come to a new country and you feel alone and can’t speak the language of the country…:-P… not the best symbolic, I know :stuck_out_tongue:
But I’ll try to see how he looks with a mouth :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just tried with a mouth, did’nt turn out well :stuck_out_tongue: maybe because of my lack of Blender skills :smiley:

I think you could make him look a bit softer. Right now his fur looks a little bit like a porcupine’s:).

make more particle wool and make there an “gravity” and r-life them maybe it will looks better

Actually I didn’t use a lot of particles on purpose, because I liked that it looked at bit cartoon-like :slight_smile:
but I gave it a try and made more particles… I still like the first most :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

Attachments

your particles are really straight for sheep fur. Do something to get them to curl (the other guy brought up r life). You should work on your material a little bit. There’s a whole lot of shade in it.

have you tried using two particle systems. One with many particles to fill in underneath, then one with less particles to stick out through the other fur.

way2lazy2ca: Thanks, i’ll try to use the two particle system… can someone explain what r life is, please :slight_smile:
and how can I make the particles more thin ?

EDIT: I’ve found out how to use Rlife :stuck_out_tongue: no explanation needed…