Sheep

Working from these two images…

I’m modeling a sheep for my friend, and I’m trying to get the whole thing done by August 8, her birthday. This is the first time I’ve ever sat down and a) modeled from reference images, and b) modeled seriously. So I don’t have a strong grasp on edgeloop theory, and therefore I may need help while modeling this sheep.

Here’s what I have so far.

Since I’m going to be working on this a minimum of an hour or two a day, I need help from users here who know how to accurately model organic things. I don’t plan on animating it, just rigging and posing it. And I want it to be cute rather than realistic in the end, so not everything will be physically accurate.

Thanks for any help!

Some test renders and additional work on the mouth.

This doesn’t flow at all, but I don’t know how to fix it. :confused:

Looks weird, doesn’t it?

Really weird…

The texturing should be interesting

Funny you should say that :smiley:
I was just working on hair and textures. Here’s what I’ve got. Looks a bit too bright and sheeny to me, but I think the glow is nice (still trying to fix the hair to get it right, but not too realistic). And maybe the noise texture makes the skin look like it’s riddled with little red pimples…

Tell me what you think! :slight_smile:

I’m going to have to take a break for now, but I’ll resume modeling and experimenting later.

Right-o, I’m going to try and finish the head and neck now…

And by the way, I would like some type of criticism…

Would anybody know how to model sheep/ram horns?

http://www.larrythorngren.com/DallSheep/IMG_5814.jpg

The hair looks way too shiny to me,otherwise a good start.The ram horns could be modelled from cylinder just fine.

More work on the sheep model…
Head and neck mostly done, and added horns.
Anybody have tips on how to model eyelids?

I need critique people!!

Continued…

My goal is to get them to look like this little guy’s horns. Any advice?

Unfortunately, I can’ further approach the hair/fur until I’m actually done modeling the sheep :frowning: . I have two blend files, one with the WIP, and another with lighting and hair, and the hair isn’t transferable to the WIP. When I’m done, I’ll fix the fur.

I know it’s really shiny, but remember, the goal isn’t total realism. I’m probably going to do something really funky to the legs…

And the horns I posted before were modeled from cylinders. But the cylinder twists and stretches if the curve itself is too long :frowning: .

By the way, in your opinion, would grey hair, tan hair (as is), black hair, or white hair be best/ more pleasing to the eye?

Try using the Array modifier. Create a segment then apply the array and an object path to get the curl and taper.

-rich

check this out:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Modifiers/Objects/Array

there’s an tentacle example at the bottom of the page.
-rich

Worked charms, thanks! Now all I’ve got to do is figure out how to taper the dang thing…

looks good so far, the join between the skin and the horns need abit more work,though

I actually did kinda just throw the horns on there as separate meshes :stuck_out_tongue: .

The base of the horns have 8 verticies, so I’ll have to edit the sheep for that…

Finished the head, neck, and body cage (aside from holes for the horns), and I attempted eyelids. :smiley:
The skin material I’m using is a sexy skin shader!

And BTW, I desperately need advice on how to model the sheep’s legs!!

Wires (how’s the topology for the body?)

Regular material

Skin

I’ll skip fur/hair for now until I actually get the mesh done.

COMMENTS PLEASE!!

Look at your reference pics eyelids are. The top sticks out farther then the bottom and maybe make around the eyes look more like eye lids. Looks good though keep going…The last updates look better its hard to tell how the eye lids look…

Will do :slight_smile: .

I’ll post better pictures and perhaps adjust the eyes/eyelids so you can see them better. Do you have any tips for modeling the legs?