Shinobu Kocho

Hello! QwQ Fanart for one of my favorite characters from Demon Slayer :white_heart:

Day version V>V

Some backstage shots

Also, I have a process video, if you interested :blush:

Thank you for watching! :white_heart:
Check out my ArtStation and Instagram for more projects .:^ w ^:.

P.S. which version day or night is better? :thinking:

52 Likes

Beautiful work Anna – your stuff should be in a gallery.

2 Likes

I am sorry…I think both have their merits as individual works, so I can’t decide on which is better…but I do prefer the Night version as a personal preference!!
Great work!

1 Like

Oh, thank you :white_heart:
You are always very kind ohoh >v< Give me some critique! :>> what can I improve here? :thinking:

Thank you! ^>^
In the night version clothe is more close to the original design :> so I would shoose it too) but day colors look like marshmallow ahah
So far nobody picked day one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Darker nail polish maybe? In all seriousness, I’m not qualified to tell you how to improve anything. It’s the sign of a true artist that you are never satisfied with your own work and want to get better.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oh, noo! Everybody can critique :white_heart:v :white_heart: it’s just about the feelings from the work, taste, technical side too, but it’s not the main thing in the art hohoh it’s also a nice practice to think about that you could improve in artworks from other artists :smirk: so please don’t shy from it! On my next work, I will wait for feedback from you! >v>)

Thank you! :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart:

1 Like

I like the night version close-up best. In the other two night scenes, the flowers in the right side background are somewhat distracting.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Really beautiful model, and the colors and light on the dark scene are simply gorgeous. The day one also has it’s charm, but I think it lacks a bit of visual contrast for my taste. Did you consider giving her a more colorful dress instead?

And since you asked for critique: The main flaw I see is her pose. Not only is she about to fall in a awkward way into the water, I also cannot read the pose. What is she actually doing? Is she gently falling on the branch, or is she preparing to leap, or is she just standing there?

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

@bartv oh, so cool! thank you QvQ

@Millani mmm! I felt that I focused less on the pose ohoh she is supposed to fly from the sky, I think the wind direction (on the dress) also helps to confuse that :thinking: right now the flow of the dress implies that she is just standing but pose is not aligning with that. Also, the leg is most confusing now ahah
That is an awesome note! Thank you WvW I mess up on such a ground-level hoho I’m really glad you didn’t let it slide! And thank you for the kind words about the work! :white_heart:v :white_heart:

@ozgur1 Thank you! :>>

2 Likes

Thank you! :white_heart: Hmm, I see that, good point! >v> character shoud the most suturatetd/contrast point to help vewer to focus