Shiptember 2022

Some ship designs done for Shiptember this year. Originally wanted to have around 5 designs but only got 3 in the end, as I was also busy creating another ships for the Splashscreen Reimagining challenge at the same time.

I used Workbench render combined with lineart modifier so I can concentrate more on the design. The main design element involves shapes with outer plating filled with greebles inside ( Iโ€™d like to dub it hard-surface kebab/burrito/wrap :grinning: ). Tried to have more detailed designs this time compared to last yearโ€™s daily rush.

Ship # 01

Ship # 02

Ship # 03

More details can be seen on ArtStation below (including turntable animation, wanted to inlcude them here but sadly itโ€™s over the size limit, also note that I used flat shading alternatives there) :

[ Ship 01 ] โ€” [ Ship 02 ] โ€” [ Ship 03 ]

You can also see some designs I did last year : [ Shiptember 2021 ]

Thumbnail

10 Likes

These are dope! I love them! Your rendering is a very unique choice but I think it works really well. It really gives a sketchy/concept art look. Nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you! Was trying to emulate hand-drawn effects actually, I think I could try experiment more esp. with the lineart though. Have known about the lineart modifier for a while but never tinkered with it so thought this will be a good time to try it out, definitely faster than using Freestyle. :grinning:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks @bartv ! Wish you a nice weekend too :+1:

1 Like