Shoebox cassette recorder

Decided to work hard on upping my skills, haven’t tried to make it quick, rather learn how to make something good in a first place. Want to be able to produce professional looking works

Model of shoebox cassette recorder, supposed to be used in game

I really hope that slider looks ok with messed normals (i placed it’s uv on scroll). Only now noticed that i forgot to add letters here

Definetly will remove excess dirt from handle, also i think i overdo dirt/dust on buttons

Gotta remove scratches from lid’s inner sides

I always think about back side in a last moment, gotta remove dirt here, and also tweak battery normals

I had big struggle setting up plastic lid material, it’s shouldn’t have lot of refraction, so i lovered ior almost to floor, but it affected normal map - it become almost invisible, redone material from the ground, hope it looks at least fine.

Really tried to pack everything into 2k texture, but still had to make it into 4k, but even here can’t add some more details, like stickers there and there, even looking at lid’s scratches it’s easy to see that it have small uv space

Cassette will be done bit later

8 Likes

Nice… i’m imagine my old cassette player… (un)funny thing: with my smartphone i can record anytime even in bettee quality than back then when i was a kid… but never did… and what fun it was to hit the two buttons to record this or that and replay it…
:wink:

2 Likes

Hey, I used to have one pretty similar to this model, nice :slight_smile: My main crit is that the amount of grunge/damage is inconsistent across the outside, and I’d expect some (but less) on the inside as well.

1 Like