Siberian Tiger

After working for a while on the side, here’s my Siberian Tiger Asset.
I’ve made it across different versions of Blender (4.5, 5.1 and the 5.3 alpha).
All the work was done in Blender, though I tried a bit of the texture painting in Krita. The fur was done with the old particle hairs (the geometry nodes hair curve system, quite frankly, scares me :sweat_smile:). I did try using geo nodes, but I kept running into problems and decided to proceed with what I’m a bit more familiar with. I will, however, face my fear for the next character I’ll work on. The rig was done with the Rigify cat preset with the addition of a few secondary controllers. I’ve learnt a lot while doing this project, and I still am, fixing more and more things as I go on.

Here are some other test images, some of which are earlier renditions of the character:

Here’s another tiger I did just 4 years ago :sweat_smile:. I’m glad I kept at it and have seen some progress:

Any tips and pointers on what I could do better are welcome.

40 Likes

the renders look good!, Great poses!, for 4 years thats something to be proud of, lots of progression!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

supper great work !

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Holy smokes, that’s crazy realistic it’s like you put a real tiger inside Blender amazing work!:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

This is awesome :blush: it kinda reminds me of Far Cry 4

2 Likes

Thank you! I loved that game!!

2 Likes

this is so cool. did you you texture paint in krita? that will surprice me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I initially began texture painting with Krita and a tiny tiny bit with the online photo editor, Photopea. I did most of the base coat color, stripe mask, and eye textures with both of these plus Blender. However, after a while I got bored of switching between software to look at the effect of every change and managing many layers in the files, so I decided to stick to Blender for the rest of the texturing process.

for future project, i suggest switching to substance painter, when i start blender i only use blender to make texture and i dont like another softwares. but after first try, it is the best program i ever used.

1 Like

I might try it one day. Thanks!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much!!

This looks incredible, I love the realism on the fur.

1 Like

Thank you!!
It has 32 different particle hair layers, each with their own unique settings.

1 Like