sidescroller mouse-aiming problem

Alright, I’ve been hacking away at this problem for some time now to no avail. In my current project, a sidescroller-shooter, I would like to incorporate a mouse-aiming system similar to the Stickman-Sam internet game. So far, I’ve been able to recreate it perfectly in orthographic mode, but when I switch to a 3d view I run into some problems. The cursor snaps to the location of the camera, and if I constrain it’s location to the same x plane as the character, it stays pinned in the same Y-Z plane as the camera. This is a major issue, since many of the gameplay mechanic rely on a 3d viewpoint.

The code I’m using is similar to a “Track-To” file I downloaded ages ago from Gameblender, since I thought it would be usefull in the future. I think the issue is that it snaps the cursor to the raySource of a Mouse “Over Any” sensor. I’m providing the code, for more insight. Any suggestions?

import Rasterizer as R
cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.owner
mPosi = cont.sensors[“MousePosi”]
lmb = cont.sensors[“lmb”]

Start mouse position at center of game screen

if own.init == 1:
R.setMousePosition(R.getWindowWidth()/2, R.getWindowHeight()/2)
own.init = 0

Move cursor to mouse position

if mPosi.positive and lmb.positive:
cursorPosi = mPosi.raySource
own.position = cursorPosi

Ahah! Figured it out. plus, I simplified the script, which is always good. I needed to use rayTarget instead of raySource. facepalm
I was trying to use rayHit, or something stupid like that.

I’ll post the script for future referance.

import Rasterizer as R
cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.owner
mPosi = cont.sensors[“MousePosi”]

Start mouse position at center of game screen

if own.init == 1:
R.setMousePosition(R.getWindowWidth()/2, R.getWindowHeight()/2)
own.init = 0

Move cursor to mouse position

own.position = mPosi.rayTarget