Simple Edge Creasing in Geometry Nodes?

OK, so I have a simple model that contains edge creasing and bevel weighting in Blender 3.2. Normally, if I add a Subdivision modifier to the model, I get the nice sharp edge result I want.
However, I thought that it be nice to be able to control the subdivision using geometry nodes so I toggled off the subdiv modifier temporarily.
But, after adding a Subdivision Surface node to the GN setup, there was no creasing. There is a Crease ‘option’ in the node itself but I have no idea what to plug in to it that has the Edge Crease data.
I tried using a ‘Store Attribute’ node before the ‘Subdivision Surface’ node but Blender crashed when I tried to add to the ‘Name’ field.

I am sure that the solution is simple but I can’t find it anywhere.
So, the question is: Am I blind or is this an actual issue?

Any info would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Paul
(mix_mash)

pls provide blend file so we know what you did. Thx.

@MixMash :
Drag the Crease noodle to the input group, click on the Input Attribute Toggle in the modifier panel (the button that looks like a cross), and then select the Edge Crease.

Good luck.

4 Likes

YES!! That works. But, I don’t get why the solution is such a roundabout method and why I couldn’t find the solution through a simple search. I’m sure that many people would want to know this info and not just me.

Anyway, like many times in the past, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Paul
(mix_mash)