Simple Exterior Archviz: learning blender

Hi all.
I’m showing you a simple job I did to improve my blender skills.
Most of the models come from commercial library because I preferred to study cycles for the shading process and for the render settings.

The grass near the house was made by particles from single different blades of grass modelled by me.
Post process with photoshop but nothing special, just masks&color corrections and some extra environment elements.
Nothing that Gimp can’t handle, but I’m more skilled with photoshop and I want to finish it soon.

Anyway, stop the words…here the images…and sorry for my english.

very very beautiful :slight_smile:

Awesome renders!, specially the second render.
I’m quite a noob so take my opinions with carefull :):
*I think the overal image is a bit grayed or cold, specially with the sunset behind. I think that if you play a little with the curves, or other photoshop functions that correct the colors of a picture you can make it more eye catching.
*This is just a tought, I think you can make it more warmful if you add some red component to the emission color.
*The soccer ball seems a bit eliptical
*I think adding some grungy texture/bump map to the walls will increase the realism of the house, because those walls look too flat for beign an exterior wall.
*I think the grass should be a little “greener”
*The stone road is excelent
*The car superb
*I think you need a bump map on the tiling of the roof
I made some of the things I said with photoshop and I think the image is warmfull:

Excuse me also for my english :slight_smile:

Hello Marcatore. You have a fine piece of rendering here. How did you light up this scene? Maybe you could share the settings you used on this one. Actually, I am a fan of SketchUp but it lacks the modeling power that Blender has. I am amazed with Blender’s Cycles Rendering engine. I would like to try Cycles with Exterior first, maybe you could spare some tips. Thanks in advance :smiley:

@all
thanks for your kind words.

@mpb
about the warm I think you are right…probably it’s too cold and I need to warm up a bit.
The soccer ball seems elliptical due to the camera lens…it’s very wide and this deform the near objects…I should move it away a bit to have less deformation.
About grass…yes …it’s not much green trying to catch some realistic feeling but probably it too much… I’ll think more about it and I’ll try as you suggest.
The car comes from a commercial library, I did only the shading and texturing.
About the walls I always think in a commercial way where somethings like dirt and scratches are not welcome to sell buildings…this house was modelled for a job that I didn’t because my costumer decided that some nice renders cost too much… so I bring it as exercise for my blender skills. Anyway from a realistic point of view your are right.

@tondau
About lighting settings nothing special.
I used the “sun position” addon to have a reference for the lighting and nothing other.
For the render settings I used the CPU mode due to the GPU memory limit overpassed by the blades of the grass (2 millions particles to instance the blades just for the inner field of grass)

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I did some changes.
Corrected the ball to win the wide angle camera deformation and pumped up the green on the grass.
A little more saturation overall to warm up a bit all the image.