Simple Usage Questions.

I agree. Asking how to do intersections suggest that he’s doing it wrong, if he were actually doing anything other than posting arbitrary questions and ignoring previous answers.
If I were to do the same on IRC, I would be instructed to correct my behaviour, ignoring that I would be kicked out for flooding or labeled as a troll with the same end result. People are generally nice but their patience is surprisingly short when tested.

i advise to all helpers to not declare of an in-exsistance of a function unless 100% sure

This is not a criticism of your advice, Chronomaster, because I know you are trying to help, but these questions are really answered better by looking at the [wiki page](http://When we make an editor full-screen we are specifically removing the ability to switch to different editor types. That menu is just removed; the only thing we can do is click “Back to Previous”. Any idea why we do that? It would be handy to change directly from a full-screen 3D editor to a full-screen Image Editor.) which has a lot of diagrams and explains what open volumes are, etc.
For example, your answer here is … not correct in any version of blender below 2.7 :evilgrin:, because any Boolean operations on planes will yield a cannot execute exception*. It should appear at the bottom of the modifier panel, but new users probably won’t be looking there.

*Nor would it be correct to say that Booleans only work on closed solids, as you can see from the page.

Open a default Blender scene. Now we follow CHRONOMASTER’s instructions. We make sure we press ‘A’ to unselect the default cube and all its attendant vertices. Then we press Ctrl+LMB… nothing happens.

Control Left Mouse Button is a shortcut for extrude. Zachary specifically excluded using extrude (which he mistakenly calls extrapolate)

Apart from using extrapolate <e> when doing lines or curves, is there any other way to add points, ie separate points, one at a time, by not converting a plane, line, or cube?

as well as collapsing a mesh (a plane, line or cube) into a single vertex in his question. In other words, he was looking for the elusive Add Mesh command ‘Single Vertex’. As I correctly informed him, that particular beast does not exist in Blender, never has, and probably never will.

CHRONOMASTER’s method does not create a single vertex. It adds a vertex to an existing mesh. You must be in edit mode of some already created object for it to work.

this thread is not about me.

zachary try what i suggested, if it answered some issues for you thats cool.
i have tried it several times both plains and cubes.

as for “adding single verts” you need to be in edit mode …i assumed you were editing lines in edit mode…

What I intend are the following:

-How may I determine what the point of intersection between two lines, lines and surfaces and two surfaces are, instantly (I want something better than using the distance Measure tool and
my on triangulation)?

-What may be done to couple and uncouple (vice versa) between circularly enclosed paths, surfaces and solids?

-Having joined 4 paths to make a surface, how do I solid fill it in? How is this done when multiple surfaces touch in a solid; is that done the same way?

-Is there a way to alter the default setting to that the handle point is at one end point, and not the mid point of the bezier, path or mesh?

-How do I convert between Grease pencil and a path or bezier, and vice versa, when constructing various items to an object under construction? Particularly when one vertex contains a plane, or when one vertex is the touch point of multiple planes already, and I wish to update one of these already in place?

-How do I turn a planar surface or a curved line of any description into the beginnings of a bevel?

Why do I get the feeling all of this is just some complex set of questions Zach dreamed up that have nothing to do with anything he is actually trying to do?

Well, I think he might be cuuuurious …
But that’s probably why in my less patient moments I just say, “Tell me exactly what you want to do and I’ll help, but no vague what-if wonderings, please.” And then I feel guilty because it might be someone who can’t read the English wiki, or an incredibly precocious eight year old that I just ranted at.

Damnit. Now I feel bad.