Simulation doesn't starts at frame 0

Hi guys, I have this particle simulation

From 0 to 88.
then in the particle system I set to start simulating before, so it’ll be simulating already at frame 0.

It works in viewport, but render, the frame 0 is idle, and then frame 1 starts, not sure why it skips frame 0 in the render.
thank you !

That is because cache system only starts to cache data at frame 1.
And it is buggy with negative frames.

1 Like

Oh no… is that a work around it ? my entire animation is set from 0 to 88, now I guess I made a mistake on that… but is it fixable ? consider that I won’t be able to change all the rest, there is tons of elements, like a lot… if you know a workaround please do let me know
thank you so much

Well. You think about it, weirdly.
That is not your entire animation that is destroyed by that.
That is just frame 0. That is not correct.

You need at least, 24 frames per second to obtain a fluent motion because of persistence of vision.

Is it so dramatic if you render only 88 frames instead of 89 ?

1 Like

No absolutely not, can render even more.
but do you mean that I have to move/slide/drag the entire animation to be from 1 to 89 instead 0 to 88 ?

No. I mean you don’t have to slide animation. Just do not render frame 0, set start of rendering at frame 1.
A sliding of one frame of entire animation would not be noticeable.

1 Like

Ok got it, for one of the particle system tho, still not rendering frame 1, the other one is fine, same emitter, just two different particle systems, checked everything, and it won’t render frame 1.

Have you tried adding 20 to your animation range?

i.e. Make the animation range 20 to 108.

Why not? Select everything, (A in 3D Viewport) go to the Dope-sheet, press G and move everything up by 20 frames… Same goes for NLA base-tracks.

Good luck.

1 Like

This i one reason why many prefer starting their shots at frame 1000 or 1001. it gives you enough leeway to correct errors or add frames before the shot if that is required further diwn the line.

If you have multiple scenes in one blend fil le you would start scene 1 at frame 1001, scene 2 at frame 2001, scene 3 at frame 3001 and so on.

2 Likes

Did you bake the particle system? This usually fixes any frame errors for me.

I did change my entire scene animation yes, but still that only particle system gives me that one frame… I don’t understand tho, same emitter, two particle system, one is fine and the other one is not, just frame 0.

guess I can try that, but have to have separate files again.

Sure of course I baked it

What do you mean?

no worries, I isolate the file and rendered it in a different range

Huh. I don’t know then. Must be a bug that showed up after 2.79 I guess.

1 Like