Sith Lord Lightsaber

Hello everyone,
This Lightsaber is a custom model inspired by the one of: Darth Vader, Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Hope you enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Your lightsaber looks good, well done, did you follow the recent tutorial?

If you got some more glow going on the light beam itself it may improve it a lot.

Shaun

Very nice attention to detail and the depth of field is great for something of this size. How did you do the scratches? And was this cycles?

Thanks.
If you’re talking about the tutorial of CG Geek, I watched the last part for the light beam.
But I can’t set a glow because I don’t have the “AO” and “index” option on the ‘renderlayers’ node, Don’t know why.

Thank you :smiley:
Everything was rendered in Cycles.
The scratches on the non-painted metal are simply made with an inverted Bump-map of a scratched metal texture(that I changed in Photoshop: the levels to have the scratches as white and the rest black)
The Painted metal parts were UV-unwrapped, then I drew a mask for the usury.
After that I added another material for those masked area’s. Sorry I can’t explain it right(I’m Belgian ;p) Here a picture hope it will help.
For the scratches I watched this tut. so it may help you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37oBqhjDtBI.

Looks very nice! I agree Speed7, maybe some more glow or even some flares would make it even better!