Skeleton character

Hi all!

This is the main character from an animated short I am working on. Still missing hands and things but I thought I would post something up for a change. This is the first time I have uploaded any of my personal work anywhere so be gentle!

Still to come are hands, forearms and the tails of the robe belt. Oh and a knot in the belt :yes:

Also if you have any suggestions about how I can rig the robe for animation I would be happy to hear them. I am considering the difference between full cloth sim, armature and shapekeys or a combination of sim and armature.

Attachments

Looking good.

As for animating the robe, the movements you plan for the animation and how much you see the robe moving would influence that. Personally I think it is short enough to have limited movement, so you may want to use an armature to get parts moving. But then cloth sim would probably be less work on your part and give acceptable movement. I would just wonder if the small skeleton bones in the arm would cause the sleeves to hang smaller than you want and what’s in the lower body? would the cloth sim leave the robe sucking into the lower cavity?

GDay LoopyShane. Thanks for the feedback. Here’s a render of the character under the robe. The more I thnk and read, the more I’m thinking that armature with cloth sim for the extremities will be the best way to go.

Attachments