Sketchbook and mechanical pencils

featured

(JohnMalcolm1970) #1

These are a couple of quick Cycles renders of a project I did initially to do another Eevee test animation.

and the Eevee render

(skuax) #2

Really nice. About the animation. In my point of view ,the camera movement is too fast, regarding the music score. And you 've got a black shadow passing thru on the right at the end of the movie.
Anyway congratulations. That s really cool

(ibotpl) #3

Well done! Impessive skills…

Do you have a tip on how to model the book pages effectively? Curves?

(JohnMalcolm1970) #4

Cheers. Aye, each page has a Curve modifier and its own bezier curve. I also use proportional editing to curl a couple of page corners up a bit as well

(Bart Veldhuizen) #5

Impressive. You’re #featured! :+1:

(JohnMalcolm1970) #6

Thank you kindly Bart. Yay! :grinning:

(centauri) #7

Spectacular!

(kabu) #8

The orc is a drawing or a 3d sculpt laid flat?

(ScubaDude) #9

Very good. My only critiques are that the camera jiggle is a bit much and the pages look a bit thick.

(JohnMalcolm1970) #10

It’s a scan from one of my real sketchbooks. I like to take a sketchbook to my local pub from time to time to get some drawing done and get away from the computer :stuck_out_tongue: Plus beer of course.

(JohnMalcolm1970) #11

I did get a bit carried away with the camera :stuck_out_tongue: The pages are 0.12mm thick. That’s about the equivalent of around 100gms paper I think. The paper in one of my real sketchbooks was actually thicker when I measured it with my digital calipers.

(Abolfazl Sayadi) #12

awesommme job great done!

(Bart Veldhuizen) #13

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(sundialsvc4) #14

Very impressive. It instantly passes the “this is a real photograph of real objects” test.

(kabu) #15

:beers: couldn’t agree more.
Never thought of drawing while drinking. I have to consider.
You have a good hand.:+1:

(JohnMalcolm1970) #16

I find it fairly relaxing. I tend to fill those pub sketchbooks with very similar stuff. I must make it clear that no-one in the pub actually looks like any of these. That would be worrying. :stuck_out_tongue:

I should really make an effort to try and sculpt some of these in Blender. It’s been a while since I tried that.

(kabu) #17

I recently bought a tablet for the same purpose. It’s still lying there.:tired_face::tired_face:
From a quick look I’d say my favourite is second from right, upper row.
Well sometime beer can turn people that way, can’t it?

Great work! The sketches also fantastic!