SketchIdea addon for blender2.8 (Free addon)

Hi!

29.2.2020 Now this addon is free. You can still support me buying this product from blendermarket for 2 dollars. Have fun :slight_smile:

Sketching_Idea_v3.zip (17.0 KB)

I have been made this addon for my needs but I can share this with everyone if there is need for this kind of addon. Basicly what is does it will use grease pencil to create strokes. Strokes will disapper/show based camera angle. I use this kind of tool when I’m trying to find new ideas when sculpting.

Here is a small update. Feature that are added:

• New pie menu.
  • Now you can see front view sketch when sketching side view.

• Button to delete all strokes
  • Button to delete only visible strokes.

• Button to Show/Hide all strokes
  • Show strokes front/back

Also here is a rar file if someone wants to give a try. Warning it’s still in beta version.
To activate the addon in blender press CTRL + SHIFT +A

11 Likes

good idea for an addon

1 Like

Just a thought: Can you control the transparency of the sketch layer dependent on how far off angle the camera is. That way, when you are 45deg between front and left you see both sketches?
(Rather than just hiding the layer as the camera moves away)

I never realized how much I needed an add-on like this until I saw it in action. Great idea! I hope you do share it. :slight_smile:

Here is a small update. Feature that are added:

• Button to delete all strokes
  • Button to delete only visible strokes.
2 Likes

Yes you can. I added “Angle blend” param for that.

1 Like

This seems incredibly useful, gonna give it a try!

Nice. Forgot to say that CTRL + SHIFT + F will activate the Sketch Idea tool.

1 Like

I’ve got it mostly working and it functions great. I just don’t seem to have any buttons in the panel

Do you see any errros in the console. Would help me a lot.

Nothing that I can see

I installed it by dropping the Sketching_Idea folder into the addons folder. Maybe that’s the problem?

You are in wrong console:

Go top menu in blender and Window -> Toggle System Console

Ah, ok.

I’ve got this:

Exception in module register(): D:\Art Stuff\3D\Programs\blender-2.80.0-git.4ef09cf937f2-windows64\2.80\scripts\addons\Sketching_Idea_init_.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Art Stuff\3D\Programs\blender-2.80.0-git.4ef09cf937f2-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 393, in enable
mod.register()
File “D:\Art Stuff\3D\Programs\blender-2.80.0-git.4ef09cf937f2-windows64\2.80\scripts\addons\Sketching_Idea_init_.py”, line 168, in register
register_class(cls)
ValueError: register_class(…): already registered as a subclass

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Art Stuff\3D\Programs\blender-2.80.0-git.4ef09cf937f2-windows64\2.80\scripts\addons\Sketching_Idea_init_.py”, line 117, in draw
coat = bpy.coat3D
AttributeError: module ‘bpy’ has no attribute ‘coat3D’

Here’s the actual text if you prefer

This should work. Thanks for testing this addon.

1 Like

Working perfectly, thanks for making this!

1 Like

Added button for “Show/Hide all strokes” and “show front/back” setting.

2 Likes

Fixed bug where you didn’t see SketchIdea panel in sculpt room. Also added distance falloff parameter.

1 Like

Hi cool thx work fine :slight_smile:
Can we change hotkey? it’s interfere with Jayanam Addon Draw Shapes in 3D View same shortcut, same operator object.draw_op … :confused:

Yes sure. Now it’s CTRL + SHIFT + A.

One more update for this day :slight_smile: Before if you go from Layout workspace into sculpting while addon has been active it gives an error. Now it solved that addon will close itself before the error. Not the ideal situation but works for now.

1 Like