Skinify rig!

Hi there!

Could you provide skinify settings your character was generated with?

Best Regards!
Albert

I seem to recall it was an untouched default Rigify with default Skinify settings. Don’t worry about the knee thing if you can’t reproduce it. I’m totally new to Blender, was just testing and fumbling so may have accidentally turn on/off something unknowingly. :o

Hey!
Sorry for the inconvenience but issues are related to a bug in Blender code that can not be fixed within the skinify script. This should be fixed in Blender 2.79a in couple of weeks.

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello!

Just a quick note. Skinify rig add-on will receive blender 2.8 update.

Best Regards!
Albert

Partially done already, still some issues to solve. It’s in nightly builds.
thanks for updating.

So this is part of the current Blender 2.80 release, right? Is it working? With the addon enabled, bones selected in pose mode, I’m not seeing any “skinify rig” section on properties/bone. Is there a new interface for 2.8?

moved to Object tab, I’ll take a look.

Hello,
I did not port skinify Rig! yet to 2.8 and probably won’t have enough time to make it work for 2.81 but who knows.

Best Regards!
Albert

It’s working same as 2.79, already updated to 2.8,looks ok in 2.81 Object tab in pose mode

wow, I didn’t know it’s working already. In my Blender it’s labeled with warning as Work in Progress. But if it works, then great! :slight_smile:
I’ll look closer to test it and fix some eventual bugs as soon as I have some free time.

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Hi Karab44.

Just getting back into Blender and seen this plug-in on this tutorial:
How To Make And Texture Clothes For The Manuel Bastioni add on in Blender 2.79

Unfortunately, for me it seems to give me a bit of chewed up meshes. I tried it on a couple of Riggify meshes:

Then I quickly threw one together:

It only seems to happen with “Solid Shape”:

I also tried to change the thickness a bit as suggested but it still gives the same result in the same spots.

This was in Blender 2.81, so I downgraded to 2.8 and had the same problem. Then downgraded to 2.79 and it works fine.

Anyway, reactivated my Blender Artist just to let you know. It seems like great tool for making clothes that already have all the vertex groups named an matching.

Best regards

hello and thank you for your question!

Unfortunately I had no time so far to update the add-on to Blender 2.8. The whole script is being ported by volunteers and porting still might not be completed in 100% that’s why you face some errors in generating skinning. :frowning:

Best Regards!
Albert