SKS - Rust

Hey all, i can finally show the sks I’ve been working on for Rust!

Modelled in Blender - of course! You can find a few more renders here

Hope everyone is all good!

9 Likes

To be honest, I’m never very inspired by firearms, but the level of realism in the textures is truly remarkable.

1 Like

Yeah I’m more in favour for a stylised version of it. I really appreciate the kind words @picto !

I’m slowly trying to use Painter and I’ve been looking for a while for a video on interface settings that I’d seen on YouTube…and I finally found it by looking at your ArtSation profile :partying_face: Thanks!
By the way, you should update the link in your BA profile.

1 Like

That’s awesome! And thanks for the reminder, I’ve updated it! :pray::raised_hands:

This is an amazing render. The wood textures, in particular, are very nice – as is the embossed serial number. Am I correct that the rifle included a dagger mounted below its barrel?

1 Like

I have one; ancient, Chinese, worn; and your image is like a photograph. Both in realism of the render and in accuracy of the model. I switched to a modern plastic stock but your scratches and wear marks are fully believable for the original wooden one.

What is your “Rust” project?

sundialsvc4, the bayonets of Russian ones are/were blades while Chinese are spikes like this one. Most bayonets are blades and usually can be used as knives if dismounted.

1 Like

that’s an incredibly warming compliment, thank you so much!

It’s for the game Rust!

Yes, it’s based on a chinese norinco sks