Slate Theme 1.0

I suppose this is a test? :slight_smile:
Anyway, here’s a theme I have been working on called Slate, always loved the combo of orange and slate blue. :slight_smile:
PLEASE TEST, because there are some parts of Blender that I do not use(NLA editor, etc.), although I went through and changed background windows and headers even in those. I tried to apply this theme in as many areas as possible, but I’m sure I missed something, so let me know! :smiley:
File download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue7h5lwi3f6apwq/Slate.zip

Previews:

1 Like

Doesn’t that get harsh on the eyes after a while, because everything seems readable, but the contrast may be too overdone here.

I can certainly see it having too much contrast for some, that’s a valid point(and not the first time I heard that). I like them both tame and wild, depending on my mood I guess, but I tend to lean on the more wilder side, hence the bright outlines of the value sliders/tools/etc. I did try this color combo with tamed down outlines, orange buttons, and the like, but it just didn’t work in my opinion. The purpose here was to have a pleasant UI overall, yet have the tools and everything just a blink away. It’s not for everyone, I know that, but I do appreciate the input, thank you! :slight_smile:

personally i like contrast, probably because i use lxterminal (white text on black background) so much. and if you dont like it, you can just keep your old theme :slight_smile:

@f3l1x: Thanks! I personally like the contrast on this one, it’s not too over the top and kind of easy on the eyes. If you or anyone else wants, you can go into the User Preferences and change the orange, black, and blue to whatever you like :slight_smile:

New version, might release this soon:

the new version looks nice, but maybe make it more orange :slight_smile:

@f3l1x: Thanks! Once I get it all together, people can do whatever they like to it :slight_smile:

Almost ready, I’ll probably upload this later today. I used my new favorite color, #FF9900

OK, grab it here! :smiley:
http://vickym72.deviantart.com/art/Slate-V-Blender-Theme-452607748

looks nice! thank you :wink:

You’re welcome, and thank you! :smiley: I found a lot of cool color combinations here if you want to check them out:

Here, I used my own slate blue color for most of the theme, but fell in love with the “FF9900” color found in the “Glue Pro” website design. :slight_smile: Funnily enough, if you read the comments over at deviantART, the Regus-Ttef said it looked a lot like the CGCookie site, and I have to agree :slight_smile: But hey, it’s everyone’s now, so do with it what you will :smiley: