Slave (warning: drastic content)

Anyone remember good ol’ pinhead? What was the movie called?

Grzybu, you need to keep trying at your skin shader to make it more realistic, the bump map is random, inconsistant and in certain places, non-existant. This maybe because of lighting because bump maps can sometimes not show when a single direct light source is on it.

Around the top of the head, forehead and his right shoulder you need to find away to get some detail into the skin, this will help improve the picture greatly. In most parts you have just missunderstood how skin works, the bump is way too random around the nose and chin, but it is still a bit random overall.

Best part is definately the hair, that isvery good.

Hope you find some useful comments.

3.4 stars rounded down.

definitely try some SSS for this one! I happen to enjoy this piece, its just so over the top, and you can tell the person put a lot of effort into it. It just that the skin is not that realistic, and that is what is killing the piece. However do try and figure out what is disturbing. Throwing a bunch of piercings into some one is odd and creepy, but it does more to shock than it does to disturb. But all in all I like it, you just need to work on the SSS, and make everything look a little more realistic.

That’s pretty creepy and very dark. I do love what you’ve done with the lighing and the hairs in the background but he really shouldn’t be smiling it’s really creepy.

Like most people I imagine, I opened this thread and went ‘ugh’…
The image is not at all appealing.
I have seen plenty of ‘gross’ and ‘disturbing’ renders (go to cgtalk.com) and many of them I liked, because they were well made. But this, although it looks as though you put a lot of effort into it, falls short of a good render. The second render is nice, but it’s still needs more work.
A little more work and it’ll look gross, horrible AND beautiful!
Work on the eye, it makes the whole thing look like a doll. Have the eye looking at the camera and give it a sinister expression.
And definately work on the textures. If you can’t see the stretching, you aren’t looking hard enough. That was the first thing I noticed (around the mouth?).

I’m sorry, but I can only give it 3 stars.

Redbyte basically summed it all up, trust his words.

I’d say, in terms of the ‘creepy’ stuff (nails, piercings, etc.) try to go with a cohesive theme, lest it look like you’re randomly throwing gross-factor stuff on to… gross people out (that won’t really work on me though- I just finished battle royale- a tad grosser)

for example, I might go with just the scars over his left eye and the wrinkled, messed up skin (plus some work on the skin itself)
or, I might smooth the skin out, and leave only the pierced eyelid and mouth, removing the nails and lumps.

This makes it look like you are going for a specific, cohesive result, rather than a bunch of random painful-looking things. That and what the other people said.

Yeah, besides being kinda grotesque, it doesn’t actually do anything for me. I can watch Friday the 13th, and it will do absolutely nothing for me, because the huge, surreal influx of gore and weirdness just suspends all belief.