Slow Hair Brush in EEVEE Curves

Trying to add hair density very slow - only had this problem once before and not sure what caused it.

Also, how to control hair length? I’m using Curves and not Particles so there are not many manual inputs.

Hi,

What do you mean by saying curves? May you drop a screenshot?

Hey again, Goorman =)

The first few moments of this explains it best:

I’m not familiar with Geometry Nodes, but here’s what I’ve just found, take a look:

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/274285/blender-3-3-hair-how-to-scale-hair-with-geometry-nodes

As for your main question: what do you mean by saying “very slow”? Is it freezes with your PC?

I can only spot dab when adding density or hair, dragging the cursor is impossible. This happens sometimes when I do hair but not all the time.
I thought that perhaps my model was too dense as it came from Curvy 3D prior to Blender however I decimated the mesh pretty heavily and rebuilt it’s UVs priors to dropping in the hair curve.

I just bought Medusa Nodes from Gumroad.

How many verts do you have in your scene? Also, what is your hardware as well as Blender’s version?

I’m not aware of Medusa Nodes add-on, perhaps you need to contact its authors instead? Just curious.

Oh, haven’t installed Medusa yet - was just saying that if I ever try my hand at Nodes + Hair Medusa makes it easier.

My Specs:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel(R) Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
8GB GPU RAM
16 GB RAM

And I’m using Blender 3.6.2
Just noticed that 3.6.4 is out - what does LTS stand for?

It stands for Long-Term Support, means this one release will be supported by its developers for a long time. You can download it, if you wish. Maybe it would help you.

Mine’s close to yours, except for a CPU & GPU (they’re a bit older), I’m not pretending to be an expert, but maybe you facing with those stutters from time to time because of the hardware?

I think it’s more of a mesh conflict as I’ve had denser meshs in Blender yet the tools still worked pretty smoothly.

I’ve also been using Simplify (Render Panel) to lower port and render poly count and such but to no avail.

Try 3.6.4, you can install it without deleting your current Blender 3.6.2, but just as an another installment.

Thanks, Sergey
Have already done so. Haven’t had a chance to give it a whirl yet though.
I kept my Plugs and Startup files in a separate folder.

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry, went to sleep yesterday. Okay, hope you’ll get away with that problem

1 Like