Small hut in forest

This is a nature scene I have been working on for a few weeks, making assets such as the trees and blueberry plants. Hope you like it, critique is welcomed.

14 Likes

Great work, just two quick comments on aspects that were initially a bit confusing to me.

• There’s a smaller tree right over the chimney pipe and the positioning made me believe there was a tree growing out of the roof. :slight_smile:

• I believe those are weeds growing out of the water but it sorta looks like the water’s reflecting something that doesn’t exist on the land. Hope that makes sense.

Again, though, great work!

Thanks for the comments, now that you said it I can’t unsee the small tree :slight_smile:
I agree that the weeds look kinda out of place, maybe I should swap the weeds with some water lilies instead? (That would require more modeling so maybe for next scene :grin:)

1 Like

Was looking at cat tail weeds in lakes on google images from a similar distance and I think what I’d try is maybe making that area more dense and possibly changing to green so the weeds don’t fade in to the color of grass on the land.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you so much Bart :grin:

1 Like