29 Likes

It looks photorealistic!

1 Like

Wow that is impressive!

1 Like

Looks very nice

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Nice! Can you tell us more about the light setup?

Just a Sky Texture with Hue/Sat correction:

So it’s basically a sun at the zenith pointing straight down. No sunlight is entering the room, just the color of the sky is providing all the light.

How do you control the highlights from blowing out on the window frame/sill? Is there any clamping set? Bounces?

Nope, i use Blender default settings.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

1 Like

Hi ArcHWIZ,

Someone recommended to me to find you in regards to photorealistic rendering. I am very fond of your work and happy I found you! To be honest I’ve tried your SKY Nishita settings (in comments you left Node tree settings) and it worked very well for my scene. What I don’t get in my scene is darker shadows that objects cast. Mine are much softer as if my light source was bigger. Any idea why ?

Thanks,
T

Wow, I love this so much! Great job and attention to details!

Maybe your light source (windows) ist bigger?

I have quiet large window, actually two on opposing walls. Maybe it’s down to your wall texture. Would you like to share wall node set up with me? Your wall textures looks really nice btw.

That is your “problem” why you get soft shadows, my windows are rlly small for this room.
you want the light just from one direction

shure:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve learned a lot today by looking for info about MicroRoughness. If you can spare few more moment I would like to ask you couple things. What image texture do you use for this instance and could you share a screenshot of MicroRougness with us?

Thanks,
T

Most of the time the roughness/glossiness texture but the albedo will do the trick.

It is this node-group:

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t know what you do in terms of light because I cannot reproduce it by simply making window bigger. Some shadows also suggest you may have fill in light which produces fall off shadow on the blue sofa by the window. Rim light reflection around sofa edge also suggests there is a light source. It’s only my observational habit. Thanks anyway for coming forward and providing some valuable information.

The way I tackled this problem still not as good as you is the second window was sealed but I made it transparent a little which led the light in return.
T