Small Waterfall Simulation with Flip Fluids

Hey everyone,

I simulated a small waterfall using the amazing Flip Fluids addon.
It took 21 hours to simuate and is using up 304 GB.
I had to run a few tries to match the look that I wanted and to make it look like the real waterfall that I saw in Croatia.

[

]

33 Likes

To my untrained eye, that looks amazing! Well done.

4 Likes

This looks great! And I feel your pain… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Haha yes, and this was only the final bake, not counting the endless tries I did before. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Extraordinary simulation

1 Like

That looks amazing! And as much as I would like to do this, I have come to terms with the fact my laptop just cant do it.

But, amazing work!

BTW, what computer did you use for it?

1 Like

Water shader is very good, how did you made it?

Thanks! It is just the default shader that comes with the flip fluid addon. Just a Principled BSDF with Roughness to 0 and IOR 1.33.

1 Like

I can’t believe how well this looks. EPIC. Man. Tnx for the inspiration

1 Like

Absolutely amazing, this looks better than lots of Houdini simulations I’ve seen!

1 Like

brilliant! very nice result highly realistic :ok_hand: but whats with mantaflow? with the new version of blender it seems to be highly perfected i ve seen good result with that too

Wow! Very cool!

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I have to admit that I never looked at the built in simulations since I have the addon but sounds like I should have a look!

Well darned if that doesn’t look like video of a real waterfall.
Do you have one of those dual Xeon server machines with 1.5TB RAM on it? 306GB is a lot of memory to use in a simulation.

Looks, amazing much more realistic than my own try, uploaded recently. What resolution of fluid did you use? And what’s your CPU?

1 Like