Smart Select - 1.4.4 This update fixes the install issue and select mouse problems

Really sorry for the lack of commitment on my part these past months. My girlfriend recently got diagnosed with cancer and and has been a very hard time for me and my family especially the kids. On top of that i have switched industry and are no longer in front of the computer. Luckily everything are finally looking better. In Februari i will finally start to work on all of my scripts again so hang in there!

I’m so sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and the family. Glad to hear you will start work on the scripts again, I just purchased this and Toggle UV Selection. I wasn’t able to donate much since I have a daughter who will be born in February but I did want to give some token of my appreciation for all the hard work and time you’ve put into making these addons. They really are spectacularly useful. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Polygobblerr

We are soon releasing a new version, hit me up on Skype and you can try it out, i think that we have added what you asked for! Skype: Jimpaw80

Okay here is the latest version of Smart select, version 1.3.0!

Again i really wan’t to apologize for the lack of updates on all my addons, i will do my best to get them updated as soon as possible. Here are some additional information regarding this update:

• Remove addon (Don’t save user preferences)
    • Install addon
    • Restart Blender
  1. It should work with all versions of Blender

2. In the video i say that the default shortcut is ALT, which is wrong because we change it to shift to prevent conflicts with some other addons, this probably will not affect anything for most of you guys but keep in mind that you can ALWAYS change all shortcuts really easy to fix any conflicts that may arise.

3. If you are using the “re-last” addon from roaoao https://gumroad.com/roaoao it’s a good idea to add many selection function from Smart select to the “ghost list” in the re-last addon it tends towork much better without them getting in the way.I actually still use ALT myself for this addon but be sure to fix this to be on the safe side. Remember that you can always change all shortcuts in smart select however you wan’t so don’t worry about this.

I hope you enjoy this update, stay tuned for more!

It´s like christmas all over! Thanks, Jimpa :smiley:

Glad you like it, stay tuned for more! Don’t forget to:

• Remove addon (Don’t save user preferences)
    • Install addon
    • Restart Blender

Absolutely stunning its sooo good, that you start to wonder why the heck its not like this in blender trunk!

Thanks! Still a lot of awesome features to come. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Okay the 1.3.1 version is out. Fixed some bugs.

Gumroad shows me still 1.3.0 version?

Sorry fixed!

I keep updating but still cant see the right version :smiley: oh well maybe its gumroad servers gonna try again after I’m home.

I have sent out an update to all buyers mails as well so you will get the right version there. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for letting me know about this, really wierd, never experienced this before on Gumroad. I have uploaded another version with more bug fixes, can you see the 1.3.2 version now on Gumroad?

Yep I have newest 1.3.2 in gumroad thanks for updating gonna test it out right away.

Great! Let me know if you find any more issues.

I have weird behaviour.
New fill and qucik select works, but regular double click select don’t. Whats going on?

This tool is something I’ve always wanted! Such a game changer for selection workflow.

Paint select isn’t usable with Maya style inputs; I can sometimes get it to activate, but not with any consistency.

Well the only big difference between this version and the last is that we have changed the default shortcuts. If you are having any kind of problems with shortcuts,surely that is on your end. You have to check under input what keys you have assigned to the different commands, also inside the preferences for smart select. Please post what version of Blender you are using and what version of smart select you are using and attach screenshots of everything here.

Okay. I’ve found a clue.
I’m using version from builder.blender.org, on regular 2.79 new version (1.3.2) works for me.

Could you check what’s going on on those build from buildbot?