Snap Grease Pencil strokes to perspective of 3D scene?

(I haven’t found an answer to this or know the best place to post this here on BA)

Can you draw Grease Pencil strokes that snap or align to the perspective of the 3D scene?

This might be similar to how some 2D drawing apps like Procreate allow you to draw lines that align to vanishing points in the scene and this would be used to indicate the perspective and / or eye line of a frame in a 2D/3D hybrid storyboard.

Thanks.

As far as I know you can’t snap grease pencil strokes to the 3d viewport grid, but if you already have a basic stucture made of 3d meshes (a bunch of cubes to represent a city for example), you can snap the grease pencil strokes to the surface of those objects.

You can also change the Drawing Plane, by default is set to Front (X-Z)

Also, since you’re already working inside a 3d environment, there’s no need to fake the perspective like in 2D painting programs, just setup the camera and a couple of primitives (planes, cubes, spheres) how you need them and then draw on top of that.

Thanks.

Drawing over primitives or on a surface is what I thought I might do too if needed.

Here’s an example of an implied grid in a storyboard frame by Joonki Park -

Does Grease Pencil have it’s own section anywhere on Blender Artists?

No. You can add an optional tag to your thread.
But you have to post under existing categories.

If your demand of support is not related to an issue about rendering or animation or materials ; you can post in Technical Support category.

If you want to share your artwork ; a tag should be sufficient.