Snap the pivot of an object to another object's pivot

Hi,
What would be the simplest and more efficient way to snap the pivot of 1 mesh to another object’s pivot? If that’s possible?

Cheers,

Jacques

Select the “1” mesh, shift+select “another” object. Enable ‘Affect Only Origins’ in the Options in the right side of the header, do a Object -> Snap -> Selection to Active (don’t forget do disable ‘Affect Only Origins’ after).

not understood :confused:

Great. Thanks a lot Stan, will give it a try!

Cheers,

Jacques

Does This help?

3 Likes

I used to do this before

shift s

shift ss

thank u :wink:

1 Like

That way is still as quick to be honest. So many ways of approaching things.

2 Likes

Ye, but since a few versions now, with the Affect Only Origins you can simply move, rotate, scale, or snap the origin alone as if it were a regular object. The only thing not available to it (at least, as of 2.91) is editing values directly in the Transform panel, which is a sad limitation.

2 Likes

Thank you colkai! I couldn’t go wrong with this kind of explanation :slightly_smiling_face: Quite useful!!

Cheers,

Jacques.

Thank you! So many options… That’s cool I guess I’ll pick up the one that suits me best.

Cheers,

Jacques.

1 Like

I admit, an oft overlooked option is using locations only setting and scaling items to bring them closer together or further apart. The objects themselves are not scaled, but the relative position is. So for example, select a bunch of objects, set to locations only. scale z and they all end up at the same level, based on the origin point of the object of course.