Snow scene

I just created this snow scene in blender.
Any critiques are more than welcome.

I made this following this tutorial by Blender Guru.

87 Likes

Awesome, the snow looks so real although the fence posts could be topped with snow and the barbed wire made more taut. :+1:

4 Likes

yes, everything is superb except for the fence and the sticks in the snow.

PH Bob
Minion World

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxIN3ysveOMI2_GwV2ya8w

1 Like

Mind. blown - -

1 Like

Well on the last two fence posts there is some snow.
I was trying to make it look like the sun had just risen and the small bits of snow on the posts had melted.
The two in the back are more in the shade so the snow had not yet melted.
But to be honest I think they would look better with snow on top.
Thanks for the critiques!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

This is awesome! Finally an outdoor scene that differs from the usual Graswald/Grove entries that we see here day in day out. Have to agree with the coments above about the fence tho.

1 Like

The exceptionally realistic tire tracks in the snow are marvelous. :+1:

I scarcely noticed the fence posts.

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!

REally confincing scene. Material looks really well. Also the tracks look super detailed!

Is this insane high poly count with displacement or did you sculpt it?

1 Like

It’s INSANE high poly count with displacement.(cause unfortunately I’m not that great at sculpting):shushing_face::laughing:

1 Like

it’s possible to see the 3D model? because it looks F*** realistic!

1 Like

No.
Maybe will try uploading it later.

1 Like

would be great… as i said… it’s a stunning work.

1 Like

If you want to know how he’s done it you can just follow the tutorial that he used:

Judging from the final result I say he followed the tutorial to a T.

7 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oh boy! This is extremely impressive!! Amazing work!!
All those little details in the snow and ice (at least it looks like that in the tracks)! :star_struck:

I just got a teeny-tiny remark. I feel like the trees in the background are a bit too much out of focus, considering the far end of the tracks is still totally in focus. (Obviously this could be possible if the trees are really far away and this is shot with a rather long lense. In that case, some object in between would have connected the layers more. )

Again - my deepest respect!

1 Like

How long did it take to render this frame? consider an animation perhaps? some camera movement

1 Like

Really great job!! I think some animal tracks would make it look even better, but that’s just my preference. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, well you did a marvelous job!!!

1 Like