Soap bubble explosoin in slow motion

Hello
I was asked how to create a slow motion soap bubble explosion in blender. After fiddling with fluid simulations, cell facturing, deformations and particles without really knowing what to do, i thought I would ask those far more knowledgeable than myself. Do any of you have any ideas please?

That’s a tough one. I’d probably try dynamic paint to animate vertex group(s) that would affect particle density on an emission type particle system. That particle system would be creating the burst effect and “sparkling” while using the same vertex group can animate the bubble material from this complex glossy material to completely transparent.
Whatever, that’s just my guess, probably there are several ways to do this. Good luck!

Thank you for your thoughts. It does not seems to be that obvious and I am not sure that blender is ready for this yet. I will check out the addon as it looks very interesting,
Many thanks again

It really depends on how slow you want your animation. If you want it as slow as the first of the following videos you´d use a particle system. If you want it slower than that, like in the second video I´d try to us an animated texture.


Thanks for the video refs. The slower video is more where I am going. The source of my question is, is it possible to “transform” a single meshed object into lots of new objects. I have tried cell fracture but that does not evolve from one state to another. I recently used a procedural volumetric material to simulate clouds and it maybe possible. But when i look at how complex the node is, it will take sometime for me to work out how to do droplets.