Hello, the third SoC is about modifier.
I can’t say what’s new in modifier stack, but only thing I can says : there is 2 new modifier, autosmooth and displacement.
Autosmooth show on view3D the smooth by is angle
Displacement, show the disp on view3D.
What’s new since the 6 august:
- Added a “Set smooth” option to the Autosmooth modifier. It currently doesn’t
work in editmode because the editmode draw code gets the smooth flag from
the original editmesh (not sure why yet).
- Added a “Set Sharp” option to the Edge Specials menu (Ctrl-E) and updated the
Autosmooth modifier to split sharp edges.
- Fixed Array modifier to correctly take vertex coordinates into account.
- Changed drawMappedFaces and setDrawOptions functions to take face smooth flags
from the current DerivedMesh rather than the original mesh. CCGDerivedMesh
currently assumes all faces are smooth, this needs to be fixed.
- Added support for vertex groups to the Displace modifier.
Fixed the Curve, Lattice and Hook modifiers to correctly autocomplete vertex