Social media beginning

Do artists Need to be on social media?

1 Like

In my point of view, the answer is no.

But all depends on what you do, and what you want to do.

If by exemple, you’re looking for a job as an artist, it’s always best to have somewhere to put your portfolio on, but you do not necessarily need social media.
But, by having a social network where to show your works, there will be a better chance that someone will notice you and then offer you a job. :wink:

But if you just do art for pleasure, you don’t need to have social media. But you can have it if you want to show your creation to other people, having feedback, or if you want notoriety or anything like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

In my case, I share my creations here at blender artist, on ArtStation (just my best work to build a portfolio) and on instagram, but I don’t go there often. (and instagram is specially to have increased my chance of getting noticed by someone, in the opening of a future job). :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Moved from :
Support => Tutorials, Tips and Tricks to General Forums => Off-topic Chat

2 Likes

Thank you. I like to show for have feedback and interesting websites on “ArtStation” and I will use it someday.

Yes I am aware of artwork can be stolen.

Reason mainly, I want to join on social media for my artwork basic and simply and it is make me motivation maybe. I consider to set up social media later.

Question:
Do you think social media or IG can motivation to booster artwork skills and post?

2 Likes

IG = Instagram

1 Like