Software independent 3d navigation guide?

Is there such a thing as a description of the types of navigation a person would want to do, as opposed to a list of key bindings for some software for how to do some type of navigation?

For example, learning blender I encountered how zoom, move my view of the scene up down left right, switch to orthographic views. Then I would gradually discover new navigations that I need to know, like I move across a model, how do I get my view to face where I’m looking. Then a new thing I need to do would come up.

I hope that’s clear enough. Is there a guide somewhere describing the navigations that a person would want to do independent of the 3d modelling software?

?? moving and rotating in space isn’t enough ?? Usually select any part and there will be any center to selected function (in blender NumPad- . ). Or something like local view (in blender NumPad- / )… independent… no every app for itself… no musketeer motto…

1 Like

Pivot is another thing. Move a camera to a point and point it at a position, is another thing. etc.