Solitary

I’m laying on the ground and all I see is blood and my dead friends. I was heavily wounded. There’s blood everywhere. It was horrific.
"Where am I? What happened? " I whisper to myself.

Frightened by the situation I sat there, injured. I slowly started to believe It’s sometimes better to be DEAD than ALIVE.

FUN FACT: This was entirely made using intel i3 7th gen 4gb ram. My daily driver (i7 rtx2060) had some motherboard complaints so i was forced to use my cousins laptop. It actually tested my sanity. The end of the day its actually not the car you drive, its the driver that matters… So ye…even in average specs pcs, its all limited by your imagination :smile:

11 Likes

Great work (composition, lighting, storytelling)!
If I may be picky, I do consider it a bit too romaticised for my liking, though. In other words:

Frankly, I don’t see none. Not a single drop.
So, the point is: In relation to the body count, this whole scene is way too clean and idyllic and looks way too much like one of those generic romaticist ‘cabin in the woods’-scenes or ‘look what I made using Grasswald/Megascans/you-name-it assets’-scenes this forum sees on a weekly basis.

Unless all the (at least three six) dead guys all died of boredom (curiously all at the same time and within a few meters from each other, it would seem), this scene would ask for a notable amount of blood and gore.
And, maybe more importantly even: If those guys are supposed to have died in some kind of battle, why is there not a single sign of said battle (save for a bunch of arrows)? It should, in that sense, look more like a place where a festival took place recently (minus trash, plus blood and gore), not like an untouched meadow.
But that’s where the preproduced asset-packs won’t quite cut it any more, isn’t it?

Yes, I know. I’m the only guy who always keeps making these kinds of remarks :stuck_out_tongue:.

greetings, Kologe

p.s.: I do realize you may have intended this all to be taken less at face value and in more of a figurative/methaphorical sense.

Very nice done! :+1: Impressive! :ok_hand:

By the way, Kologe’s comment seems right to me, but I wouldn’t exaggerate with that blood anyway. I would use it very sparingly. Not everyone likes naturalism or horror. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I do appreciate your critiques :grin:
I actually made this using i3 laptop with 4gb ram…My daily driver was having motherboard complaints so i was forced to use my cousin’s laptop…i did test my sanity tho…i dont think it could handle more details…i thought of adding blood using photoshop at the end…but it was kinda difficult and could be much easier if did add it via blender…I also thought of adding even more war items like broken swords sheild etc…yeah but my laptop couldn’t handle much of it…:grin:

The gore-aspect is actually very much secondary to the lack of trampled down vegetation etc., in what I meant, but it’s just my opinion and that’s all.

greetings, Kologe

Completely agreed! :+1: It wasn’t meant to be offensive or anything. Just an artistic consideration… :slight_smile:

No worries.

It wouldn’t have occured to me to take it as any such thing.

greetings, Kologe

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like