Solomon's Treasure (completed in 2 weeks) *Updated to 2.49 and new Linux release*

Well done guys, love the rayman/lara croft character. :slight_smile:

This looks awsome! Downloading now… Love the theme by the way!

No mac version again?

This is an old thread. You shouldn’t disturb it. Old threads should only be disturbed by project leaders or members.

but movement doesnt work on .blend on mac. nice graphic style though.

It’s a finished game mokazone, unless it was in the work in progress, then it shouldn’t matter… People want to see finished games :wink: [Nevermind Mokazone! I didn’t see the post date sorry!]

Edit: omg, Blendenzo, you should of made check points because it’s nearly impossible to win! I can’t and it’s really annoying when I get really far and I die :confused: And t he jump is a bit delayed, I sometimes, press space when I’m at the ledge and then I fall down and start all over again, I almost won! I think, but I died at the end while I trying to get back through the door. Other then that the clues are really nice, and music! The graphics suits the game good jobs guys!

Linkxgl

Hi guys,

I posted some updated links in the first post. The game now works properly with Blender 2.49a, and there is a Linux release which is confirmed to work on Ubuntu 9.04 and Linux Mint 7. I haven’t gotten around to updating the Windows version (sorry… maybe sometime soon).

@Linkxgl: This thread was in the WIP forum when mokazon posted that, since there was no “Finished Games” forum yet. I only just moved the thread to this board a few days ago.

I totally understand your frustration with the game. Looking back, the jump mechanic is incredibly awkward, and it was rather cruel not to include any checkpoints, but I didn’t have time to code that in before the end of the contest. Trust me when I say this: If you’re willing to be patient with the game, you can master it. Funny how we accidentally worked in a bit of virtue training there :wink:

oops, I didn’t see the post date! :p, sorry Mokazone

The thing is, is that I don’t think it would be that hard to add a check point, what you’ve could’ve done is have different planes at the bottom that have different properties, then if it had a collision with it it would set the position outside the door it was at, then you wouldn’t lose the keys or any progress because your just changing the position :yes:

I’m going to play it again because it’s pretty fun :wink:

I did get annoyed but I won and it was cool =D

This is a great game, but when you fall and die is something supposed to happen, like the game restarting. I just get the message about watch your step, it fades to black, then nothing, I have tto exit the game and restart.

It takes like 30 seconds. You have to wait a while, and when you die you shouldn’t have to start all over. I was at the last area and I accidentally died, so had to start all the way back. Awesome game though!

כבד את-יהוה, מהונך; ומראשית, כל-תבואתך

very nice to get word that was really in a book the was written by king Solomon (Proverbs book/משלי):slight_smile:

where are you from ?

@ mcguinessdr: When you fall, there is a message and you are supposed to press the spacebar. The game fades out, but then it is supposed to restart.

@ Shay Tessler: Clean3D and I are both from the USA. I don’t personally know ancient Hebrew. I used a free program called Xiphos (which used to be called GnomeSword) with an ancient Hebrew module that I downloaded for it. I referenced the text in English, then copied the corresponding Hebrew text to the GIMP and sent it to the artist (Clean3D). We originally wanted each column to have the actual text which is (loosely) translated in the game, but we did not have time to make all of the textures before the deadline. Now I’ve actually forgotten which verse we did use on the texture.

well very nice :slight_smile:
if u need some to know the meaning / translation i will try to help you
(i am not religious but its more easy to search in hebrew :slight_smile: )

best luck

i liked the music … suits the environment of the game …

… the movement controlls seem too sensitive - she moves too fast… i think the speed can be toned down a bit … (…and i wont fall very often :D) …

really nice game though … two thumbs up!!

I like the game very much, but is there a way to save the game? It’s so annoying having to start from the beginning after falling down the pitt… or because of a bug: Just when I was about to open the first door the character got stuck, wasn’t moving in any direction and was posed like when jumping but I wasn’t jumping…
Anyway very exciting game!

cool!!! trailer looks great :D:D:D:D:D:D:D