[Solved] Denoising in viewport

So here I was today, trying to go through a tutorial, but as most of the times I got sucked in by options I don’t understand.

1. Why denoising is not working in this case?
  2. Why my renders are pitch black unless I turn off the Cast Shadow box in Object Data Properties?

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, you’re using Blender 2.82? I don’t think that viewport denoising was in at the time? Maybe just for RTX cards, I’m not sure? Anyway, unless you have a reason to keep using an older version of the software, I would try with 2.90 at least.

Let us know!

2 Likes

Thank you, that solved it :slight_smile: What about cast shadows tho? If I change the light type from sun to point and place it inside the room, then the scene renders fine. Outside the room, render is black.

What is the hidden object? you can’t see it in the viewport but it might be visible and blocking the light when rendering. Also if you have a glass panel in the window/opening, if you don’t have anough sample ray for transparency or transmission it might block it.

You’re right again, it was the hidden object, blocking the light. I would have never figured it out by myself. You’re the man Patrick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad that I was able to help you my guy, have a nice day and good luck with that tutorial!