**SOLVED**Help (please!). Program trying to install on a nonexistent disk...

Hi everyone,
I’m installing a program (in windows) that is automatically using the directory c:/program files/whatever. Only problem is, my (only) hard disk is actually “E”, not “C”. The program doesn’t ask you where you’d like to install it, nooooo, it tries to be helpful by doing it automatically.:no:
Is there any way to get around this?
Thanks a lot for any help… I know a lot of you guys have custom machines, etc, so I’m hoping you’ll be able to help :).

What program is it?

Markbook 2007.

Create a new empty folder on your E: drive called C
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management

Right Click the drive E: in the top right hand window and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”

If you click ‘Change’, I dont think you can because it is your boot drive… So try clicking ‘Add’ , and then add C: as a new drive, but you must install it to the new empty folder on your drive that you previously created on your e: drive. (The one you called C)

Then try reinstalling Markbook.

I don’t know if this will work, but it may. Hopefully it creates a folder in there called Program Files etc…
Also you must be on NTFS.

azecraze, although your method didn’t work, thanks for your useful info – will probably use it in the future.
Turns out there’s a VGA version of the program that had a directory select option, so I settled for that.