Solved_Normal map changes image texture map?

I am trying to put a normal map on a low poly mesh from a high poly mesh. On the low poly mesh, I have an image texture. When I put the normal map on, the mesh discolors about where the seams are on the top of the head. Attached is first picture with image texture applied. Second when normal map is plugged in. I’m 2.71 blender using cycles. Doesn’t seem to matter is I bake from the high poly to the low poly with BI or Cycles. Same issue. Any advice. The image texture is black and white. Here is my node setup. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

If the texture you want to use for the Normal is black and white, then you’ll need the ‘Bump’ node instead of the ‘Normal Map’ node.

The ‘Normal Map’ is for textures encoded as Normals, not as height/depth.

And also, you may need to connect the UVmap vector to the normal texture, just like you have it in the Diffuse texture.

…and if it’s indeed a normal map, change its node mode from Color to Non-Color Data.

I don’t know how the screen gama transformations affect the greyscale colors, but I think the ‘Non-Color Data’ option, should also be used to bump maps and displacement maps…

Thanks a million. That worked switching over to non_color data.

Tim