[Solved] Phyton code for append a collection from another .blend file in Blender 2.8

Hi,
I need help on how to append a collection with phyton scripting from another .blend file in Blender 2.8.
Before I solved it with groups, but now the groups are called colletions instead.

//W

1 Like

You could leave objects on layer 2. And call them in layer1 by adding an empty on layer1 with add object in order to spawn/append or add them from layer2 depends how You want to call it. Collection could be something that opens up a scene with custom dropdown menu from a category for example with buttons for empty/those objects, it depends on how You organize and set it up. You should be able to figure out how to even add options for them so they pop up a scene button in case they collide with something that could lead to another one which could confirm it’s parenting to something in case You want to make it part of that tree in case of adding some control for what it parents to.
Unfortunately i wouldn’t be able to help You to get it done with python. Tough i’d like to see if someone
shows example for You.