SOLVED! Wacom stylus won't paint in Texture paint window

It used to work. Now it clicks on menus and I can pan, rotate and zoom with it. The tip of the stylus is set to the default “click” but when I go to actually paint nothing happens. No paint stroke. I then use the mouse and it paints fine with the left mouse button.

Has anyone had this problem?

Need help!

You probably pressed the Brush/Eraser button on the stylus by accident, I’m not sure which button that is on Wacom but press it again and everything will work

Hi josephhansen. Actually, the eraser on this sylus is at the back end of the stylus. I wasn’t pressing either of the two buttons on the toggle on the stylus. I will try it in 3D Coat. It’s really strange. I used this in Blender last year and it worked fine.

Thanks for trying to help.

The stylus works in Blender on my Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16. But on my desktop, it no longer paints.

I have updated the wacom drivers and everything els I can think of.

The stylus works perfectly in 3D Coat. This is a real bugger. I want to do the painting in Blender. Oh well. I have tried everything I can think of.

I did get it to work in Blender by setting the top button to “Click” which is the same as the tip setting. When I depress the top button, and hold it down, it does paint but only when I hover, not touch the tablet surface. That gives me no pressure control and is hard to do any detail.

I hope someone can offer some tidbits to help fix this totally annoying problem.

Found the problem. In the Wacom Tablet Properties I unchecked “Use Windows Ink” under the “Mapping” tab for the Blender Application.

2 Likes