[solved]

First, excuse the wrong category, I didn’t see that there is a suggestion category.
As a ROBLOX GFX amateur (don’t hate please), I find that adjusting lighting to a yellow or other bright colours, is (excuse my language, but I need to download my anger) a pain in the arse. This would be a very useful feature for beginners.

-Blitz

I have no idea what you’re asking. When I care or need mixed lighting, I set my color temperatures for lamps and emission shaders using the blackbody node (or rgb node for wacky colors I guess), then using the photographer addon I can adjust my film for my lighting to get it to the white I need.

You can also just use a white or 6500 color and shift the color temperature using the addon if you want it warmer or cooler. But the best option is to color it neutral if you can, and then grade the image in post to whatever look you want (much more flexibility).

If you need color control for various light groups, render them out separately and add them in post. Then you can color your lights however you want at no rendertime cost.

Do you use blender internal or cycles? In cycles changing a lamp’s color is as simple as picking the color you want in the properties editor. If you use internal, you can do the same, but it doesn’t seem to work in a physically correct way. For example, a yellow lamp in internal won’t illuminate a blue object.

[SOLVED] I figured it out, sorry for bothering you.

Post your solution. Other folks might find it useful.

1 Like