Some kind of Jet

Very nice, Fly !

I like the amount of detail you put into this.
I’m not so enthusiastic about the overall shape of the jet, but it’s a question of taste, so nothing wrong here.
Keep it up !

Thanks Gwenouille!

few things i don’t like about the shape either. not sure what but it doesn’t quite feel right.

updated the hinge :slight_smile:

So to start with, ur good dude (just checked out ur wedsite, pretty cool). I’m not that good so I don’t quite feel right critiqueing you but i think I know what’s wrong with the shape. You’ve got all the elements, they’re just not blended (pun unintentional :D) well.

Planes look better when they have some kinda anthropomorphism to them. Same with cars. They need to look organic to some extent. The shape you’ve got is 1) too narrow and 2) to symmetrical. It kinda looks like a crucifix or a “+”. I think the first step would be to mess with the symmetry. Try moving the wings forward or back or make them broader. Try giving them more of a sweep and/or a little more length. Next smooth the thing out a little. You can keep the chunky look, just give some more natural overall contours. Look at the M1A2 Abrams for intance: chunkiest death machine on treads but still sleek overall.

Anyway, just my two cents (or shillings or whatever yall have over there in the UK). Take it or leave it. Again, ur components are awesome (I love the exhaust/thruster detail).

sorry again for the delayed updates :slight_smile: am such a lazy artist…

bluetygr thanks man! shillings ??? we use pounds XD

OK tried to get rid of the semetricalyness think i did it… and added some anthropomorphism though that might be little too subtle. ill play around with that some more. and finally everything is little smoother now. Except the cockpit wich i broke :frowning:

Attachments

Oh, pounds…right, got it. My bad dude :smiley:

I like it. I think your definately moving in the right direction. Do you think it looks better?

yeah i do am starting to get a better feeling that this thing can blow a few buildings up or just fly through em =P
and my seems finally work =D

one more thing i forgot to mention. I turned of sub surf and had a good look at the mesh and fixed quite a lot that was hidden by the sub-d.

Attachments

Am a bit slow…But am still here!!

so I should probably update…
not much different but I am now a lot happier with the mesh

lower the rear a tad?

Attachments

Wow, slow updates, that’s why I don’t post wip’s…I’m too slow…hahaha

If I may ask, what are the tubes by the cockpit for? The intake is behind the cockpit, so what does those tubes do? they don’t seem very aerodynamic for a jet…

I may have missed that point in a previous post, so just slap me and point it out

Randy

yeah that’s the intake at the top.
First I drew them as more intakes but with a open hole.
Then I thought one should be enough so made them more interesting.
so I put photon mining devises in there so they could power the frikin’ laser beams :slight_smile:
its more of a bomber so aero isn’t so important.

Frekin’ awesome dude, but the wings are not airfoil shape.

DDD: thanks, hoping noone would notice :stuck_out_tongue:

now they should be. just a bit of tweaking were they connect I managed to bend em :confused:

Attachments

awesome design! great modeling! looking forward t the final render!

i’m impressed with the attention to detail here:) for the interim renders can you show the light+ material setup? i really dig the ivory/light blue eggshell material :slight_smile:

Amazing! Can’t wait for the final product!

rvngizswt thanks !

natholas thanks ! so am I.

zeffii thanks! yeah i have a thing for detail.

have a blendeverything included minus the jet :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that the modelling so far looks fantastic, I love the detail on the nozzles on the back and the joystick. I can’t wait to see how it goes as you add more details.

DDD: thanks, hoping noone would notice :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha you sly, you cant call it a jet if it dont have airfoil lol:p and anyway now that it has airfoil it looks cooler!!!

thanks fly : it even makes my silly futuristic vehicle look alright :
http://digitalaphasia.com/files/gimgs/17_scratch004dpng.jpg

That is just so artistic. Would love to zap our local Cessna Airport’s control tower with this and just fly off as a mystery.

Wow, brilliant detail! i feel like such a terrible modeller… well… i am, but this is awesome! are you gonna turn it into an animation?