Some logical Problems in my FPS experiment

Hey guys,

i try to make the player crouch and i got some weird outcomes. The edit/replace mesh actuator seems to work but the action thats gonna be played shrinks the player to the size of a mouse… a nice side effect if i want to implement a duke nukem like shrink gun to it later. :evilgrin:
But for now i just want it to work properly. Also the Player Cube doesn´t fall on the ground like it should after crouching.

And i have some other issues with the states actuator. I want the player to move forward slower while crouching or iron sights, but somehow cannot get it to work with the states.

Since i´m very new to Blender and the whole 3d game design and coding it would be nice if some experienced members could have a look at my blend.

Sry for the bad english…

OK, so now change movement speed with the states actuators work.

Crouching with the edit/replace mesh works too but only with the triangle mesh collision, and i cannot work with that because the player get stucked on uneven terrain and sometimes falls through the ground too…

There has to be another solution for “REAL” crouching, not just an optical one where just the camera is moving down but the collisions box still has the same size.
And a scale animation does not work too cause all parented objects get scaled with it too.

Anyone got an idea how i could solve this pls ??

i have just a bad(not cool) solution :
make 2 “state” (that can be just one property on / off)
when is crouch on ,move the head collision on the box collision.
when instead of , move above the box collision.

every time , you have to remove and remake the parent,to update the collision coupound

Crouching with the edit/replace mesh works too but only with the triangle mesh collision, and i cannot work with that because the player get stucked on uneven terrain and sometimes falls through the ground too…

This is true, to get replace mesh to work u need the host to be a triangle mesh.
The fall to ground can be fixed to set a small margin at the collision bounds (0.005 should be enough)

I have no idea why it wont work for u, so i placed my crouching player as an example.
the crouch mesh is located at layer 2. but u still keep that movingthingy while u walk against something, but its less then if u dont have the margin set.

.blend
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/18911