Some real-time hand action

Wrapping this project up! These first-person arms are completely modelled/sculpted, textured and rigged in Blender, and these renders are from Unreal.

https://twitter.com/lander_vr/status/1676695293390204928

25 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very impressive, especially the real time aspect. Is that real SSS or how does Unreal do that? The monotone of the skin is what looks the most unrealistic to me, but still really cool! Are you making them available somewhere?

1 Like

Thanks! The material is using a subsurface profile model, downside with that is is that it’s uniform, since it doesn’t allow for a mask input, but the plus side is that it looks about a million times nicer than the standard subsurface shading model.
Yeah at the moment these textures are quite flat looking in Unreal, I might fiddle a bit more with my texture layers to have a bit more variation, and possibly create dirty/blemished versions too.
I’d like to sell these possibly on the Unreal marketplace and/or elsewhere once I’ve finished creating a decent control rig for them, and after I’ve extended the arm a bit further up the bicep, however I don’t want to make any promises :slight_smile:

Impressive!

1 Like

one more time…impressive!!

1 Like