Somewhere in the Arctic

The first variations of it had just a terrain with a penguin on it, but then I decided to add an ocean, other penguins and make it all looks as if it’s happens somewhere in the North.

Trees were made by using Sapling Tree Gen add-on:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/addons/add_curve/sapling.html

Snow made by using a Real Snow add-on:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/addons/object/real_snow.html

4 Likes

Just like I showed in my previous work, here’s the development cycle of this one:

Cool !

I think you have a bunch of interesting elements even tho they can be organised a bit better.
I’m pretty sure it’s possible to do a lot to that image by revisiting each parts without introducing much new stuff.

You seem to be more at ease when doing orthographic views / dioramas. When perspective / closeups is introduced it’s a bit less sharp.

But while having a diorama / ortho view looks cool quite easily I find them a bit too restrictive and it’s more interesting when the camera is near the subject.

But hey, that’s cool nonetheless and it’s ok to work on the quantity over the quality :smiley:

1 Like

Hey!

Thanks for the criticism, to be honest, I do more prefer the orthographic view rather than perspective. But when I only faced with Blender, I used to work only with the second one.

Yeah, I thought about revisiting each parh of that render, but decided to give just the only one image, but yeah, I could’ve added some zoom-in pics of the snowman etc.

Frankly, I do prefer more the quality over the quantity. But sometimes it so happens that I rushing too quick in order to done the project.

1 Like

Hello !

Yeah by orthographic I meant these kind of render :

Like the main image from your farm, and other work you shown, it kinda makes things very “organised” so it’s easier to manage.

And by “revisit” I meant to keep the same image, but to look at individual components to improve them. I meant that there are a lot of little areas of improvements.
Sorry if that was unclear !

1 Like

Oh, now I got it! Thanks for an advice!

It’s okay, no need to sorry! Due to the fact that I am not a native english speaker it may be that I could not understand some of the sentences parts.

Thanks once again!

1 Like

Cool !
Yeah don’t worry it’s ok, we are all from different places and even more 3D is complex :smiley:
Have fun !

1 Like

Thanks, likewise!