Sonic The Hedgehog (Remake Concept) WIP

A year or less ago, I started an idea to take Sonic back to his roots. A mix of 2D side scrolling like the originals, paired with 3D parts that worked in the ealier part or this decade was the concept. Then came the annoucement of ‘Sonic Unleashed (world Adventure)’ in April. I thought they’d get it right. And for the most part, it looks incredible. But they have still included something that has split the crowd once again. The werehog.

So I’ve began to take some interest in my remake ideas once again. Taking the original Sonic, and bringing it into the Next-gen world. There are many talented artists on these forums, so I’m doing a respective shout-out to any fans of the originals and Sonic himself, and also artists, programmers etc who are interested in this idea.

It’s ambious, very, and maybe even unattainable, but I would love to see what can be done. Sega won’t give the fans what they want without something they don’t want, so here’s a chance to see what the fans would do with Sonic if they could.

I love Sonic and I’ve been there since the beginning. To watch the demise of a beloved character like him is like taking away my childhood, and depriving younger kids of something that could be truly great. If you share this feeling I encourage you to assist this idea. Any contribution, large or small is welcome. Work towards a common goal is the way this idea will flourish.

Following is some artwrok, models, etc to show you where its at currently and also to egg on possible participants. Thanks for reading. The Sonic dream lives on.

Andystudio29, Sonic fan since 1991

Attachments

Start Screen motif and Rings

Attachments

Nice models (even if I don’t really know this guy).

How do you plan to do the mouth?

Know what guy lol? Model the mouth most likely. Thanks for taking a look :slight_smile:

Sweet! I’ve loved playing sonic all the way from his original SEGA debut till super smash bros. brawl.:yes:

Item box UV textured

Attachments

Do you know that renders don’t look the same as in game shots?

yeah i’m well aware of that, but this is why i need some help from fellow enthusiasts, my GE knowledge only goes so far. :slight_smile:

Before you get too enthusiatic, bear in mind, “Sonic the Hedgehog” as is, is completely trademarked by Sega…
Better inform yourself on how far those trademarks go.

This is a fan made non profit game, a sort of ‘could have been’ idea if you will. There are plenty of these games being made all around the net, I’m not an idiot, I do my research. I know about ownership of properties.It’s true that Sega can and will shut down, cease and desist any money making projects, but this is stictly for fun. Would really love it too if naysayers would refrain from comenting, I’m trying to inspire, not restrict. Any positive contributions are very welcome. I wanna see what people can do in these forums, i see plenty of talent and would like help making something great. :slight_smile:

Eh I made a sonic/megaman/mario/donkey kong/pac-man game and no one ever emailed me. Its a fan game and there are tons out there. Do a google search you will see what I mean. Your safe bro. keep up the good concept works!

Thanks dude, looks lie i’m goin solo on this one. :frowning:

Well, I’d offer help if I thought I could give it, but I know next to nothing about the game engine, and still suck at modeling, and drawing, and probably most anything else that would be helpful. :stuck_out_tongue: I like the idea though. (I know I’m not too bad with concepts and ideas, I just can’t seam to get them out in any way other then words at the moment.)
A quick question I had; Is the style your aiming for like what Super Smash Bro. Brawl has?

The style is based on the original Sonic, if it was in a real world setting, so similar themes and colours, but more next-gen. See Sonic Unleashed for more of what I mean.

Oh! That’s sweet! I grew up with Sonic, too. I still have my old SEGA in the closet. Yeah, I thought the games started getting suckier as time went on. But, that’s how it is with most games. I’m still a beginner, but I’ll come up with something and post it.

I would suggest making his tummy bigger. He’s not all that skinny in the original game. It’s almost totally spherical.

Could we see some in game shots? :wink:

I wanna stick with the design of sonic from the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog. Even though this was the worst of the worst games, Sonic’s design was very stricking, embodying that cool, fast attitude he was always meant to have. A chubby Sonic logically doesn’t work lol.

If you are posting that would be great, i’d love to see what people can do. :slight_smile: Thank you

In game shot, really early, so nothing to show yet :slight_smile:

I know a little Logic Bricking…But not enough to help you i dont think…I can probably make the Rings dissipear when Sonic hits them…but thats about it

Every little helps :slight_smile: Thanks for your input