Sony HDR-HC3

Hello everyone. This is my first real detailed model in a long time. I have the sony HDR-HC3 and find it to be a facinating camera. HD quality is quite handy.
Anyway, I started this model the other day and have come to a slight delima (and want crits before I get too far)
The “hindge” area for the screen will not go square as it should due to subsurfacing and I need to to go square. Anyone have sugestions?
Anyway, c&c is appritiated! :smiley:
-First picture is an actual photo I found online to show u a good angle on it-

Attachments

shift-e will give you an edge sharpness tool (subsurf crease), but I would also suggest adding an edgeloop to the corners you want kept sharp. good work so far

Well, not much response, but I worked a little more on it and started textures. I took a break from the teadious modeling, lol. Anyway, here is a sample of the camera with textures. Someone respond! lol :smiley:

Attachments

model looks great, but IMO the materials let it down, I’m not sure why, I can’t put my finger on it

I quite like it. Good job.

Looks pretty cool already. I think the distance from the lens to the start of the display thingy is too long. Or you’ve used a really wide angle lens. Check it, it looks odd. He is really nice and shiny, but I think you’d make it darker.

Great work so far, keep it up!

Absolutley awesome! great modelling!

If I do understand your problem well, I think you should use edge-loops (Ctrl-R) and move it to the corners (making doubles actually). This will make a rounded object straight and sharp-edged.

Ciao,
gallardo

Attachments