Soon... soon... [It has happened!]

I’ve been looking at the post counter at the bottom of the index page, and very soon, elYsiun will have 500,000 posts! I think that’s a reason to celebrate. There should be new/special design for the occasion. I can help if you guys need it.

If you count deleted posts then this is post 500000…

But it will be intriguing to see what the 500000th non-deleted post will be…

Currently taking bets as to who will post it…

Who’s the biggest spammer around here now?

http://elysiun.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3946
almost 10 posts/day? … yeah, probably Modron

there is a difference between a spammer and a ressourceful person…I don’t recall seeing any useless post from him :wink:

'nuff said.

A spammer is somone who doesn’t maintain a decent signal to noise ratio. Modron and desoto, though they both posted (modron still does AFAIK) a lot, posted very good material.

Spammers on the other hand, just post superfluous crap and/or trollings.

Shiver me timbers! It has happened! I just checked, and it’s already 125 posts over:

500, 125 posts now!

Happy post-day elYsiun.

500131 is mine.

I feel special. :Z

Cool. To celebrate, everyone gets to take a whack at this custom-made Suzanne pinata!

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/5036357/monkey%20pinata.gif

He/she who has Forum Guru under his/her name :]

He/she who has Forum Guru under his/her name :][/quote]

Yes! All my doubts removed. I’m not a spammer! Woot.

So do we know who posted the magic number?

Assuming no posts were deleted in the meantime, we can take the current maximum post-id and subtract the amount exceeding half a million from it.

The admins can run the following SQL query:

“SELECT post_id FROM “.FORUMS_TABLE.” LIMIT 499999, 1”

When I checked there were 500429 posts according to the index, the last one of which was postid 504984. Simple subtraction says that the 500000’th article would be postid 504555. However, posts 504579, 504709, 504807, 504817 and 504919 have all been deleted, which makes postid 504550 the 500000th post. Congrats, aws357!

Whammo!

haha z3, if i am a spammer, then so are you and fligh%. :stuck_out_tongue:

there is a difference between a spammer and a ressourceful person…I don’t recall seeing any useless post from him

ecks is wise!

Whammo![/quote]

What the hell? There were only bananas in it. No candy. This sucks. pout