Sorcar - Procedural modeling in Blender using Node Editor

This has been on my radar since it came out. I’ve just had time to give it a proper try and it seems great.

I was able to do a generic town based on a simple base mesh, subdivided, and inset a bunch of times.

A few thoughts / comments

• One thing I am not sure how to do is map the distance from an empty to the faces of the roof to give variation on extrude. Any thoughts?
  • Another feature I couldn’t find in my limited time is whether it is possible to select a vertex, edge, or face, based on proximity to another object (e.g. an empty). You can see in the screenshot my initial try.
  • I wanted to select all purple faces (prior to extruding) that have an area less than a certain number. Any thoughts on how to do that?
  • I am wondering if other nodes could be made? For example it would be amazing to be able to plugin the Tissue (ba / github) plugin into face selection to tessellate.
  • I wanted to bevel the edges of the blocks, but by using the bevel node with edges only, i don’t get a smooth result as a radius. I imagine this is a limitation of the bevel modifier as opposed to Sorcar, so I am hoping with the bevel gsoc, it would improve.
2 Likes