Soulless

Was inspired by another project I saw on “How did they render this” Youtube channel…









57 Likes

Love this.

If you don’t mind me asking what are you using to render these? It has a feeling similar to Corona.

1 Like

Hey axesvision, these are rendered with Cycles.

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Stunning model and even more color grading and lighting. It looks so good

My only 2ct is to add a very very soft bump to the glass so the reflections dont line up perfectly.

Perhaps you did, in some shots it looks like i can see a very soft waving of the glass.

Basically this effect here in the video

Its ofcourse persnal tast and to much is not great

2 Likes

Hey rombout thanks for your comment, There is already a slight bump on the glass and yes it’s very subtle…Appreciate the video though :smiley:

3 Likes

Was inspired by another project I saw on “How did they render this” Youtube channel…

Could you leave a link to this channel please? I have tried searching for a YouTube channel with that name on Google and on YouTube.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey Phonokoye Alphonsus, here is a link…
(22) I want to be a Renderer - YouTube

4 Likes

Great images, and indeed pretty much soulless. The wet pavement, puddles and sun are the only things alive here! I also jumped on the YT channel to check this out.
I still have a lot to learn in Archviz, and the realism hardly ever turns out the way you managed to get it across here. Fantastic. I have very little work that doesn’t “look like a 3D render”, and it’s practically never exteriors, no matter what sky system. I have never touched the compositor though, only did some post in PS. Need to get back in.
Was that modeled in Archipack?

Do you have any idea how to realize the random rotoation per object in Blender? I mean, I never do these mirror boxes, just the white/grey boxes with fewer windows, but I’d love to complete this foray into knowledge :smile:

like this?
Randomize - Blender 4.1 Manual

1 Like

Hey Corniger, thanks for your comments.
The realism just comes given time, keep it simple and use good reference.
I didn’t use Archipack for the modelling because it was quite basic, nothing fancy.

1 Like

Wow, great job!
My only critiques would be that the trunk of the tree goes too smoothly into the ground, and that the texture appears a bit stretched near the top of the tree. Other than that though, its stunning! :star_struck: :+1: :blender_logo_64_png:

Yea the trees are a paid asset but not the best quality…
Thanks for your critique :smiley:

1 Like

Muy muy copado !!!
So very Good, I liket!

Thanks man :+1:

1 Like

What do you mean by mirror boxes?

Cubic houses with mirrored windows.
I live in a country & city that has a very classic approach to architecture - so if I’m lucky, I get to do some stucco facade, but rarely. Mostly white boxes with smaller or medium sized windows, utilitarian, so to say, or “boring”. I’d prefer the mirrors, though I’d have to properly model the surrounding buildings then :sweat_smile: Which none of my former clients would want to pay for, so I’ll do that as demo to test the skills I learned here thanks to @SBTLINK and @RobWu

1 Like

Ah I see, interesting